CA Clean Air Day
Adopt a Polar Bear
A Cool the Earth Schools Program (K-5)
Adopt a Polar Bear is a fun and empowering online program for blue skies and clean air. The program is free, easy to implement, and available in English and Spanish. Get started!
- Student Videos: three short child-focused videos telling the story of Koda as he navigates his changing habitat.
- Family Climate Pledges: your whole family can take climate action for clean air and a cool planet.
- Creative Activity: student/class activity to reinforce climate actions.
Pittsburg Unified Teacher and Role Model Tasharie drives electric and leads her students in taking climate action with the Adopt a Polar Bear program.
If your school’s families and teachers make at least 250 pledges:
- Cool the Earth will sponsor your school by donating to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to help restore polar bear habitats AND
- You will receive a certificate of adoption from WWF.
When 10% of your school community participates in the program (measured by family climate pledges), the school lead will receive a $250 stipend from Cool the Earth.
Sign Up to Bring Adopt a Polar Bear to Your School
Please fill out the form and let us know that you’d like to bring Adopt a Polar Bear to your class or school!
About Cool the Earth Schools
Our mission is to inspire each of us to take climate change action! Since 2007 we’ve engaged children and parents with our K-5 climate education program in schools nationwide.
Learn more about Cool the Earth’s impact.
Drive Clean Bay Area
Let’s drive like our kids live here! One-third of carbon emissions are from the cars we drive. There’s a better way!
Check out our sister site, Drive Clean Bay Area to learn more.